Wednesday, October 25, 2017

I 💗 My Community

Greetings my fellow kings and queens! It's a lovely evening despite being a little under the weather.
On the eve of attending tonight's meeting, I had a flush of fulfillment. What do I mean? 
We spend time trying to figure out what our purpose is in life and I keep coming back to service as my purpose. Be it in school or the community, I've always enjoyed bringing people together (school functions) and engaging event guests with varietal entertainment (SIFE)..

..so that last sentence was supposed to end with "smiles galore, no longer calling each other strangers."
I had to cut it short in order to be on time for the community general board meeting, which turned out to be a success as always. We heard from speakers informing us on topics like mental illness awareness, consumer affairs and predatory lending prevention--n0ttomention some recreational events I'm looking forward to attending myself!
Being the self-proclaimed Community Access Liaison, I charge myself with sharing literature with neighboring schools and fellow residents. So just "Good Morning" me when you see me walking the beat posting flyers around the way!
I encourage you to get involved in your community affairs. Many of us don't know that we have a say in what happens in our respective towns. Not only that, community meetings serve as a forum to state your business, whether it's a complaint you may have or a service you may want or a cause you are campaigning for. In any case, it's one of many platforms to network with fellow attendees and your local government leaders. 
If you are a CB5 resident, you'll want to visit their office in East Brooklyn. Give them a call to see how you could be involved and ultimately contribute to a better quality of life for yourself and others. After all, we are all we have and it's our social responsibility to uplift one another!
I appreciate you for taking the time out to digest these words, but I must cut it short again because I have work in the morning! Until next time be peace and get your beauty rest too ;) ..                                
Community Board 5:
929.221.8261
Tell them Lala Johnson sent you!



          

No comments:

Post a Comment