Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall Recreation: Paint the Town Red

Well, we're trying to adjust to the fact that summer is officially over.  It's a bit depressing because we can't show off our bare knees and elbows and sport our back-out tops--but it's okay! I've got the remedy for the post-summer blues.  I had fun just compiling all this information for you.  
Who would've known city tours would be so cool?  Checking out movie locations of I Am Legend and Spiderman?  Riding by the homes of celebrities?  No stalking allowed!  For under $50, you're able to do that and more!  New York TV and Movie Sites Tour provides these features.  Plus, most of their buses have bathrooms so no one has to hold up the bus and you get instant relief straight to the back.  
 This next activity literally gave me goosebumps.  Don't be afraid if you have the same reaction.  How does having a New York City Party Pass sound?
You get to party at some of the city's most elite and popular nightclubs for free!  Did I mention free admission all night?  I'll admit, I really don't like paying $20 or $30 for things I could do in the comfort of my own home without the hassle of killer stares for rocking my freakum dress right or drinking Amaretto sours out of $12 plastic ware.  The money you would've spent on cover charges can go to cabfare and your meal at the diner.  This pass is the best thing invented for nightlife so I suggest my partyheads jump on it!
--Viator.com

 
Who doesn't love shopping?  Especially when you find bargains and steals.  Thrift shops are classic spots to get goods for cheap.  One store in particular sells designer dresses, fur coats, etc.  These threads come from actual patrons of the operas.  Fittingly named, City Opera Thrift Shop give the proceeds to Lincoln Center.  So you make yourself look like a star and perform a charitable duty (third party) in one shot!  You're good.
--DailyCandy.com

Finally, get your laugh on at stand-up clubs and comedy events.  We all need a good laugh to keep our minds off stressful matters and individuals--even if for a moment.  Besides, you'll be helping your body in the process of belting out a hearty one.  Laughing burns calories.  Seriously!  If you don't believe me, look it up.
Boogie nights, get down tonight, disco inferno.  For my 80s lovers, you know the songs.  Chances are, your mom and dad played them.  I know mine did.  They've got a spot for you on the dance floor at the Pyramid Club!  So shake what ya mama gave ya.......!
Looking for some formality?  Think Alvin Ailey.  They're in town performing lovely, timeless routines that are guaranteed to blow you away.  Get your tickets while they last.
--NYCgo.com

1 comment:

  1. This weekend the Christmas Carol Tour Train will be ending at Grand Central station! Free to the public from Oct 30 thru Nov 1.

    http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/christmascaroltraintour/

    ReplyDelete